- MP3 Audio68 MB
In this episode we learn how important good hair is to becoming a medieval cattle rustler with part one of the 13th-century poem Meier Helmbrecht.
- Wernher der Gartenaere. Meier Helmbrecht. In Peasant Life in Old German Epics, translated by Clair Hayden Bell, Columbia UP, 1931. Archive.org.
- Bartlett, Robert. “Symbolic Meanings of Hair in the Middle Ages.” Transactions of the Royal Historical Society, vol. 4, 1994, pp. 43-60. JSTOR,www.jstor.org/stable/3679214.
- “How similar is Middle High German to Modern German?” Quora, 2017, www.quora.com/How-similar-is-Middle-High-German-to-Modern-German.
- Jones, George Fenwick. Honor in German Literature. U of North Carolina P, 1959. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/10.5149/9781469657608_jones.9.
- Seignobos, Charles. History of Mediæval Civilization. Translated by James Alton James, Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1910. Google Books.
Audio Credit: A Charlie Brown Christmas, United Feature Syndicate, 1965.
Image Credit: Detail from the Luttrell Psalter.
Leave a Reply