XJF265591 Schoolroom scene in Tudor times (litho) (b/w photo) by English School, (16th century); Private Collection; (add.info.: Schoolmaster seated holding a birch, usher (assistant) beating a boy; classroom is divided up in ages and stages of learning;); English, out of copyright
October 23, 2019 / 600 x 600 px
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Support us on Patreon!
Become a supporter of Medieval Death Trip and get access to our audiobook of the 14th-century Mirabilia Descripta, or Wonders of the East by Jordanus.
- MDT Ep. 91: Concerning Wage Warfare after the Plague June 8, 2022
- MDT Ep. 90: Medieval True Crime IV: In the Shadow of the Gallows Pole May 19, 2022
- MDT Ep. 89: Interview with a Devil December 22, 2021
- MDT Ep. 88: Concerning the Plight of the Paterfamilias June 29, 2021
- MDT Ep. 87: Medieval True Crime III: Death in the Countryside May 12, 2021
A 15th-Cent Schoolbook Aesop Anglo-Saxon Chronicle Announcement Bible Boccaccio Capgrave Chatrang-namak Chess Series Chronicle of Battle Abbey Chronicle of Dale Abbey Chronicle of Man Clement VI Commentary Track Coroner's Rolls Faculty of Paris Gerald of Wales Guy de Chauliac History of the Church of Durham James Raine Joseph ha-Kohen Laborintus of Eberhard Lanercost Chronicle Life and Miracles of William of Norwich Marie de France Melrose Chronicle Miracles of Henry VI Muirchu Odoric of Pordenone Odoricus of Friuli Orderic Vitalis Orkneyingers Saga Petrarch Plague Reginald of Durham Robert Henryson Romulus Snorri Sturluson St. Patrick Symeon of Durham Theophilus Walter Map William Caxton William of Malmesbury Wycliffe