XJF265591 Schoolroom scene in Tudor times (litho) (b/w photo) by English School, (16th century); Private Collection; (add.info.: Schoolmaster seated holding a birch, usher (assistant) beating a boy; classroom is divided up in ages and stages of learning;); English, out of copyright
October 23, 2019 / 600 x 600 px
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Support us on Patreon!
Become a supporter of Medieval Death Trip and get access to our audiobook of the 14th-century Mirabilia Descripta, or Wonders of the East by Jordanus.
- MDT Ep. 97: Concerning Three Witches November 26, 2022
- MDT Ep. 96: Concerning the Relics and Grave of King Oswald October 8, 2022
- MDT Extra: Letters on the Death of Elizabeth I September 14, 2022
- MDT Ep. 95: Concerning Princely Heads and the Bishop's Monkeys September 9, 2022
- MDT Ep. 94: Helmbrecht v Sheriff: Eve of Justice August 21, 2022
A 15th-Cent Schoolbook Anglo-Saxon Chronicle Anglo-Saxon Leech Book Bede Boccaccio Capgrave Chess Series Chronicle of Battle Abbey Chronicle of Dale Abbey Chronicle of Man Clement VI Coroner's Rolls Faculty of Paris Gerald of Wales Guy de Chauliac History of the Church of Durham Isidore of Seville James Raine Joseph ha-Kohen Laborintus of Eberhard Lanercost Chronicle Lapidaries Life and Miracles of William of Norwich Marbodus Marie de France Meier Helmbrecht Melrose Chronicle Miracles of Henry VI Muirchu Odoric of Pordenone Odoricus of Friuli Orderic Vitalis Orkneyingers Saga Petrarch Reginald of Durham Robert Henryson Snorri Sturluson St. Patrick Symeon of Durham The Faustbook Walter Map Warenne Chronicle Wernher der Gartenaere William Caxton William of Malmesbury