As a treat to all of our listeners while the regular show is on vacation for July, here’s the commentary track I made for the 1981 film Dragonslayer. This was originally released this past winter just to our Patreon supporters, but now everyone can get have chance to enjoy it. Note that this includes a long introduction featuring a reading of the legend of St. George and the Dragon. If you want to jump straight to the actual commentary synced to the film, you’ll need to skip ahead to around the 18-minute mark of the file.
- Barwood, Hal, and Matthew Robbins. Dragonslayer. Shooting script draft. Internet Movie Script Database, www.imsdb.com/scripts/Dragonslayer.html. Accessed 28 Jan. 2019.
- Dragonslayer. Directed by Matthew Robbins, written by Hal Barwood and Matthew Robbins. Paramount Pictures and Walt Disney Productions, 1981.
- “Dragonslayer (1981).” Internet Movie Database, www.imdb.com/title/tt0082288/. Accessed 28 Jan. 2019.
- Jacobus de Voragine. The Golden Legend, or Lives of the Saints. Translated by William Caxton, edited by F.S. Ellis, vol. 3, J.M. Dent, 1900. Google Books.
- omega. “Vermithrax Pejorative.” Monster Legacy, 14 Apr. 2013, monsterlegacy.net/2013/04/14/vermithrax-pejorative-dragonslayer/comment-page-1/. Accessed 29 Jan. 2019.
- The Saga of the Volsungs. Translated by Jesse L. Byock, Penguin, 1990.
- “Vermithrax Pejorative.” The Disney Wiki, disney.fandom.com/wiki/Vermithrax_Pejorative. Accessed 29 Jan. 2019.